"Bug"gered if I know.............

August 18th 2015



I just could not resist making this page for the current Left of Centre Creative Challenge Blog with this week's theme being "Insects". I had just bought the fantastic "Entomologist" collage style image from the Weathered Magnolia Store at Etsy - just fell in love with several images and bought them of course LOL!!!


This Entomologist is so cool and perfect for my page. I printed a full size collage "bug/insect" sheet from the Paper Symphony Store at Etsy and glued it to the journal page as the base background. Used a bit of a Gesso wash over parts of the background along with some distress ink to age it. I then made a bug stencil with my Cameo Silhouette and added the 2 bugs to the page with texture paste which I then "highlighted" with a darker distress ink and outlined with black pencil. Added some cloth to look like netting, printed the wording on kraft coloured paper, fussy cut some dragonflies from Collections and glued everything to the page.


I just love how this turned out!!!!

2 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Saw this on LOC Sharon and LOVED it! The sentiment is a hoot and the images and background ROCKS! Great page. xxD

Susan Renshaw said...

Great journal page - liked your sentiment! Thanks for sharing with LOC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...