Summer of Colour Week 3: 1 purple + 1 purple + 1 yellow

June 28th 2015


Wow what great colours for this week's Summer of Colour!!!! I love purple - any shade!!


I went bright yellow and 2 bright shades of purple and made my background with acrylic paint and a credit card - always love the effect of dragging the paint across the page! Painted a piece of muslin cloth yellow as well. Added a gorgeous birdcage charm & some sticky mesh. Stamped image coloured with Copic Markers.


Stamped image is one of the licensed Jasmine Becket- Griffith stamps by JessicaLynnOriginal - "Red Maple Fairy". The flower stamp is from JLO as well but LOL I forgot the other side of the page had some pearls on it so I couldn't get a "flat" surface to stamp - oh well I still like the effect and I added some painted circles and swiped colour over the stamped gal too to blend it all in together.

7 comments:

Terry said...

Great take on the color challenge! Love the way you worked in the purple and yellow, which I love as well! Fabulous image! Enjoy!

Rolina said...

Fabulous!

Linda Kunsman said...

I can see your love of these colors-this is stunning and that image is just the sweetest! SOC #54

Kristin said...

xo

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW! I love the shades of colors that you used with this week's SOC colors! And I love the stamp you added, too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was impressed that you didn't get mud when you joined those two colors. You did a great job. I have had that same stamping problem before, too, even though I'm not much of a stamper. I think it turned out lovely.

Jennifer Rose said...

very nice work :) really like the little bird in a cage :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...