Recycled Dream!!

November 4th 2012


A new challenge at the Just Some Lines Challenge Blog - "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" - I love this theme!! And at the challenge blog you are now required to use a Just Some Lines Image which I think is a great idea!!


I've used the "Gab 1" image and coloured her with earthy toned Copic Markers for this card which I tried to give an "olde/vintage" feel. The recycled/reused items on my card are the actual card which was an awful coloured metallic square card - I covered the card with some printed tissue paper which was wrapped around a new pair of shoes my daughter bought - LOL I knew as soon as I saw it in the recycle pile that I just couldn't throw it away!!!! The square that Gab is mounted on is a coaster which I covered with some textured paper and some tea stained muslin. I hate to admit how many years old the paper flowers are!!!! I've added braid, a Tim Holtz Ticket and some brads and all the paper and image has been sponged with "Old Paper" Distress Ink. I had a great time making this card tonight!!

11 comments:

Ellis said...

Wonderful card and a great deal of recycling, I like it a lot! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Anonymous said...

What is amazing, all those recycled items are used in a way they look as though you purchased them especially for the card, especially the tissue paper.
You had fun, didn't you?!
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a wonderful card.

Netty said...

wow love the recycling and its a fabby card, xx

Jenn Borjeson said...

Sharon, this is just beautiful - thanks for your kind comment and thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines. :) xoxo

Terry said...

How clever that you used a card for the recycled project! I save mishaps to use for die cuts, but never thought of a card!!! This is fabulous!

Tanya said...

Great way to recycle those unloved creations! Thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines!

Just Some Lines Digital Stamps said...

Oh this is really beautiful!! Thanks for joining the Just Some Lines Challenge :)

Chriss America Real said...

I love the "vintage" feel of this card! So beautiful! Thank you for playing along with the Just Some Lines Deign Team this week!

Hugs,

Chriss
Just Some Lines - DT

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful.Just love the colours and the whole creative process.It looks like you had a lot of fun!Thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines.Hope to see you again next time :D
Lisa x

WendyP said...

fantastic card - and congrats on winning the challenge !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...