CS Designs "60's Splash Art"

February 19th 2011

I've spent several days this week (after work) making this lantern/candle shade - LOL not sure exactly what to call it!! The digi stamp I have used is another fantastic design in the range from Chris Stern of CS Designs. As soon as I saw this image the design did literally "Splash" out at me - I love all the elements on it!! I just knew I wanted to make something totally different with it - not just a card - so I decided a lantern to "show off" the design and the colours would be the way to go. It just looks beautiful and bright (like a stained glass window) with the candle light shining through and I am so happy with how it has turned out. I have included several photos below to show how the shade looks in daylight and in the dark with a candle inside.  And by the way they are jelly beans around the base and I have to tell you I was popular with my family as I let them eat the jelly beans after I took the photos!!

I've used Bazzil cardstock to make the frame and I printed the Splash design on White Cromatico. I've coloured the design with my copics and you will see on this bottom picture that you do get brush strokes but you don't notice them when the candlelight is shining through. It was quite time consuming to colour all four images in as I had to be careful not to smudge the colour while it was drying. The Splash design is on all four sides of the frame so whichever way you look at it you can get the effect!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon! Gorgeous project. I moved The Karber Challenge to Saturdays I want to let you know that your card won last week's challenge, congrats :)

Janna Werner said...

That is really beautiful! Janna

Dana said...

Oh my goodness, this is simply incredible. What a lovely lantern!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...