Oddball Art Stamps: Dots & Doodles Challenge!

July 1st 2018


I'm lucky enough to be Guest Designer at Oddball Art Stamps Blog this month for their "Dots & Doodles" themed month! Today is the start of this months challenge and I am sharing how I made my dotted background altered index card! make sure you visit the blog to see what the DT have created and to get your entry in for this month!


I started with a 6 x 4 inch index card - I have the "lined" cards but the lines showing through on creations never bothers me - it adds to the texture and uniqueness - plain card works just the same!!!!

Use an embossing pad and some "circle" rubber stamps - I had this little pack of 4 sized circles by Hero Arts which worked perfectly. I stamped each size randomly over the background with the embossing ink.

 
Next add white embossing powder and heat emboss. White embossing always looks great!



I wanted a cool wintery look to use with the Oddball Art Image I chose for this creation so I grabbed a few different shades of blue and a grey and used a sponge to cover the card.


Last thing to add to the background was a "doodled" border using a black pen. LOL just scribble!!


I coloured the Image Number 393 Big Eye Peggy Sue with Copic markers. She's all rugged up for Winter because here in Australia it is winter!!!!


I fussy cut the Big eye gal and cut out the wording ready to add to the index card along with some hot pink ink sprayed muslin cloth, some metal corner charms and some washi tape also in hot pink (my fav colour)!!


Once everything was arranged I started gluing it all onto the card!


All finished and in keeping with this months theme! Hope you like it! Make sure you check out the Oddball Art Stamps store so you can create and play along at the challenge this month! And thanks ot Oddball Art Stamps for having me as Guest DT!!

2 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow, Sharon! This turned out sooo cute! Love the embossed dots and may just have to try it for the challenge. Beautiful coloring, as well. Congrats on your GDT position. xxD

Phrenicglitter said...

Adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...