My Geisha Creations

April 13th 2011
There is a new challenge at Gingersnap Creations - GC97 "Geishas".
I decided to use my digis from CS Designs and make some Asian style creations with these images. These images are a bit more 'arty' than the traditional look Asian Stamps which is why I really like them - they are a bit different!

As you can see I've made a little take out box, some chopstick holders, a take away menu and I folded a paper crane just because I like to do origami and I love the paper cranes - if you have been to Hiroshimo you would have seen the thousands of lengths of paper cranes on display!





The take out box pattern came from Mirkwood Designs - they have some great templates! And I printed the two Geisha images randomly on the card then cut out and assembled.

The chopstick holder instructions came from Mirkwood Designs as well and I have folded that out of an Asian newspaper! And for those of you who have been to Japan you would know that they present things beautifully and everything is wrapped and so neat and particular.

The papers in the background come from Japan - they are beautiful - such vibrant and rich colours. I went there several years ago and had a wonderful time buying paper and knick knacks!

Chosen as a Ginger Gem GC97!!!!

22 comments:

Debi said...

THhis is a cool project sharon :-)

Terry said...

Oh wow! You went all out with this challenge! Love all these projects, so very clever!! Hope you are having a lovely day with your workmates! Love that picture!

Gerri Herbst said...

Beautiful collection. Too precious to use...Every pice is amazing.!
take care,gerri

Unknown said...

Sharon these are so great!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow Sharon this is amazing you certainly don't do things by half ! Each piece is fab !!

Marie

2amscrapper said...

what fun--to use the items you purchased in Japan! lovely creations for the Gingersnap Creations challenge! Thanks for playing. Helene

Anonymous said...

I love these. I'll have Chicken Chow Mein with mine please. xx

Jeanie Callaghan said...

So clever, Sharon!

trisha too said...

Sharon, this is an awesome set of geisha goodies--
I love it!! Thank you for joining the challenge at Gingersnap Creations!

:)

Janna Werner said...

Hi Sharon! I love when you use the Geishas! You create so many wonderful pieces with them, thanks so much for sharing it. I love the box, fantastic idea! Have a great day, Janna

Ellis said...

Stunning creations Sharon, I love Geishas need to check out that challenge! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Netty said...

Everything is so beautifully made Sharon and love the stamp you chose to use. Thank you for playing Geishas at Gingersnaps. Annette x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's fabulous, love your idea.

Anonymous said...

What a great set! Beautifully done! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Geisha Challenge!

Suze Bain said...

These are super Sharon, what an original idea. x

AJ said...

Wow, what a great idea, doing chopsticks, i know what you mean by the neatly wrapped packaging, Japanese do have a knack for things like that...

Alexa said...

I wish my takeout came so beautifully packaged! Really lovely. :)

Michele said...

fabulous project! beautiful and creative. the geishas are wonderful. xo

Jeanie Callaghan said...

They're all so lovely!

Melissa S. said...

I love this The container is perfect and the chopstick holder is elegant as is the Menu. What a great idea and Congrats on the Gingersnap Creations Blog top ten

Juliet A said...

Congrats on getting Ginger Gem!

Zoechaos said...

Thought I had left a message to say how much this set amused me when you first blogged it! Seems not sorry. Congratulations on being a Ginger Gem this week you deserve it with this. XOXO Zoe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...