Going Batty!

August 26th 2012


I've made this 4 x 4 for the current challenge at Smudgy Antics "Itsy Bitsy Spider" - the idea is to turn a Nursery Rhyme into something more spooky!!! I've used a Nursery Rhyme from my "Mother Goose" Nursery Rhyme Book which I got in 1971 when I was 3 years old - I've never been able to part with this book!!

TO THE BAT
Bat, bat, come under my hat.
And I'll give you a slice of bacon;
And when I bake, I'll give you a cake,
If I am not mistaken.

Masked woman and hat images are from June at Dezinaworld and I've added some bat punchies!

10 comments:

Austine Etcheverry said...

I love that. I am teaching preschool and I was thinking of some projects we could do with bats at Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Quite a sinister edge to this. I like the addition of the mask and those bats.
Wishes
Lynne

KristyLee said...

Love the hat, masks, and bats! Lovely work, great job! Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics!
Peace,
Kristy
(SA DT)

Monique's art said...

Fabulous card love the background and the bat rhym. Thanks for sharing at smudgy antics

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How fantastic, that's really cool.

~Lady B~ said...

Fabulous take on the challenge! You have definitely created a creepy piece! I love the texture you've created and the double layered bats give a cool flying effect. Thanks for sharing with Smudgy Antics this week :)

LisaVeronica said...

hehe wicked! :) Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics! xxlisa

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

A fab little 4x4 Sharon. Love that rhyme. Thank you for sharing this with us at Smudgy Antics this week

Linda said...

Oh that is a sweet poem. Love that you made this to go with it. So much fun.

I Don't Do Straight said...

Great little 4 x 4, love the rhyme. Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...