New Designs from Maigan Lynn!

September 19th 2013
I am so lucky for the next few weeks to be working with some new images from Maigan Lynn - available at the Queen Kat Designs Store! Make sure you visit the QKD Blog for more new release designs used in creations by the DT.

The images below are "Lost Love" & "Winged Shoes" - perfect for making some Halloween themed cards!


I printed the images on watercolour paper and for this card I used water colour paints to colour the image and my aim was to give it a bit of a grungey look - she looks a bit grungey with her smeared eyeshadow - but she has "lost her love" so she would be upset!! I added a little tulle curtain, lace, a charm and a bit of bling! Also with the image I painted glass beads medium all over the image for a muted type look and for some texture - quite interesting "stuff" to work with!


My next card is more Halloween style - image coloured with Copic Markers - still on the watercolour paper so the colours didn't blend as well but I like the bright look. I layered some card and patterned papers, added the die cut "wish" letters and a few other embellishments.


Both cards use digital patterned papers from Gecko Galz.

3 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous creations.

Sandi McLean said...

What fun! Hoping to get back into the swing and Halloween might just do it :) Thanks for coming my way! Hugs,

Gerri Herbst said...

These are amazing! Just love the images you chose! take care, Gerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...