Esmerelda's New Year is not off to a good start!!!

January 1st 2012
Firstly - HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my blogging friends!!!!! I started my blog 1 year ago on January 1st 2011 so this is also my First Blogversary!!! I think I'd better organise some Blog Candy for my followers!!


My first post for the new year is for the new Gingersnap Creations Colour Challenge - Soft Yellows & White. I've made this cute little card with a gorgeous collage image from one of my favourite Etsy Stores - Art Tea Life. I used a Kaszazz Chandelier stamp for the background card and I typed the little "saying" on my computer. I added a star brad to her wand and some little "diamantis" to look like "bits" of the broken chandelier LOL!!!


I called her "Esmerelda" because I thought of the character from the Bewitched TV Show - Esmerelda was the witch who's spells never worked properly!!!! And my little Esmerelda is looking like she might have a lot of explaining to do!!!!


All the best for 2012!!!!

21 comments:

Christine said...

Wgat a cute card. Esmerelda has a steampunk look to her because of the goggle.s

Terry said...

She is too adorable, Sharon! Love the star on her wand! Happy New Year to you and may it be a fabulous one! Happy Blogaversary!

Amy E said...

Happy Blogaversary and happy 2012!!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Awww, how precious, Sharon!!! Happy New Year!!! We just saw massive fireworks here--so gorgeous!!!
XO
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year & Happy Blogaversary. Looking forward to another year of your great projects!

Anonymous said...

So it is not only Happy New Year (was I too earlier wishing it to you?) but Happy Blogaversary!!!
Full of mischief and such fun, love the text you created.
Wishes
Lynne

Marjie Kemper said...

Love this, Sharon... her wand is perfect and I love the swinging chandeliers in the background. Happy Blogaversary!

Electra said...

This absolutely cracks me up, Sharon! Thanks for my first LOL of the new year. And congratualtions on your blogiverary, we are all blessed that you have created this showcase for your art!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- I used to love Bewitched and love your humorous take on the challenge! Happy New Year and Happy Blogversary as well!

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Oh, I love this!! That is the cutest image. I will have to check that etsy store. Love your "story"

Michele said...

this is so excellent! i love it. happy new year Sharon!

Cath Wilson said...

Ha, ha - great touch of humour there and a lovely change after all the Christmas stuff. Reminds me how I had to do silly things this time last year - brilliant!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Sharon, this is incredible!!!! Love it!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Happy New Year to you. Your card looks wonderful, love the image.

Kezzy said...

Beautiful and I love the fairy story. Kezzy x

peggy gatto said...

Just fun and lovely too!!

Rachelxx said...

Lovely to see a fun card! Love all that is going on in it :-)

Ali Manning said...

I love this, Sharon - it's so much fun! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Challenge :) Ali

Michele said...

check out the GC site for some great news Sharon! love this piece! xo

Cheri said...

Adorable!!! Congratulations on your GC Gem!!!

Electra said...

This is wonderful, Sharon, thanks for the smile! Congratulations on being a Ginger Gem!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...