Express Yourself!!!

January 17th 2012
Welcome to our very first challenge for 2012 at Art With No Boundaries!!!!!


This year I've taken over running the challenge blog so I would love you all to get creative and "Express Yourself" for this new challenge. This challenge is all about creating something that shows your creativitiy and why you create and what you love to create with and we would love you to give us a bit of a "blurb" with your submission about your creativity!!!


I've created this cute little altered matchbox using some amazing new designs just released by CS Designs which are aptly named "Express Yourself" and I've expressed myself by creating with colours and papers that I love to work with as well as creating my own painted paper which I printed all the designs onto. I love the sentiment that come with these new "sets" of designs it is an original saying by Chris herself - perfect for this creation and for each of us being "unique"!!!
Embrace that which makes you unique
some of us are just not destined to be boring.


My matchbox is like a little "wardrobe" with a latched little door and it stands on little feet which are actually metal sewing machine bobbins which I found going out cheap awhile ago. All the images were printed on some paper I spread pearl paint colours over - LOL I used my fingers to do this - what fun!!! All the other gorgeous textured papers and the pink paper I covered the box with were purchased in Japan - I just love Japanese paper!!!!


Hope you can join our new challenge - it runs for 2 weeks so you have plenty of time to join in!!!! And make sure you check out Chris' Blog & the CS Designs store for her fantastic SPECIAL for this great challenge!!!

18 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love this piece, Sharon! A new challenge, must check it out :)

Melissa S. said...

Sharon I love this . Wow! You always do such wonderful things. I have to go look at the new images. So much fun. Great job and congrats with the running of the site.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Amazing! I love your design inside and out!

Daniella said...

That matchbox book is so cute! You really were expressing yourself!
Good luck with running the challenge blog!
xxDaniella

Anonymous said...

Fun! Fun! Fun!
The colours work so brilliantly with those images.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, your altered matchbox looks wonderful. Love the colors and all the pretty details.

Jane Wetzel said...

love this!

Rene said...

Oh my Sharon, I only now realise that you have made an altered matchbox! :) This is just gorgeous, and the painted paper is so lovely, the colours are fabulous! Funny that we both went with pink...It's such a happy colour!
Love your creation, and yes no point in creating if it's not enjoyed!
That's the best part of the web, that we can share this enjoyment!!
Rene

Yvonne said...

Fabulous matchbox, Sharon!

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Sharon, This is absolutely fabulous and I just love what you have done with Pirouette. The time and imagination you put into this really shows. I also enjoyed reading what you wrote about how you crested it, all very expressive. I can't say enough it's just a super project.

The Art With No Boundaries also looks fantastic, Thank you for doing it,you did a great job.

:) Chris / CS Designs

Christine said...

Really ingenious design

Jenn Borjeson said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sharon! :)

Gerri Herbst said...

Wonderful altered match box...Unusual look and feel to this one. Love it.take care, gerri

Michele said...

Sharon this is beautifully creative. the colors are so rich and the dign is fabulous. i love how the matchbox wardrobe has a little door. this is just great xo from michele

Vicki Romaine said...

What a great project. I love the colors of your matchbox and the little items inside.

Marjie Kemper said...

How fun! Love the size of that matchbox and how you've dec'd it out... what a wonderful idea!

Linda said...

This is so much fun!

2amscrapper said...

I love the images you work with and this piece has such bright, fun colors. What a fantastic project. I've entered the challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...