Framed Frida!!

February 26th 2012


This week I'm organised early for the new Dilly Beans Challenge which has the theme "All Sewn Up"!!! And some of you know that I just love to get my sewing machine out and sew whether it be fabric or paper so I couldn't resist this challenge! As well as that I still have a couple of new Dilly Beans images which I haven't used yet so for this card I've coloured "Framed Frida" and also a little Butterfly from the range. I just love the orange and pink colours of this card - nice & vibrant and perfect for the Colour me Creative Copics Challenge which has a gorgeous bright coloured inspiration picture! I've sewn all the elements onto this card which is layed out using the new sketch from the Sketch Saturday Blog. Lately I've been using colours I don't normally use so it's been great to step outside the "comfort zone"!!

16 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, love the sewing and the color sheme.

Shelley said...

This is delightful! Wonderful color combo, beautiful image,fantastic stitching

Ali Manning said...

Wow - this is awesome, Sharon - those colors are fabulous! And another sketch blog to try....

Anonymous said...

Frida, looks slightly sad and I cannot understand why when she is centre stage on this fabulous card.
Wishes
Lynne

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous colors, Sharon. I love all your layering/stitching!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! Great use of color!

Linda said...

Oh this is wonderful. Those green eyes just pull you in. Love all the stitching.

Terry said...

Beautiful stitching, Sharon! What a cute little girl with such stunning green eyes! Great card! Happy Sunday!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Sharon, this is beautiful! LOVE her green eyes and the addition of the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans! :)

Vicki Romaine said...

This is awesome Sharon. I love the image.

Michele said...

this is really pretty, i love the style! xo

Mette said...

Fabulous project and love your colouring. Some super colours and details.

Thank you for joining the Dilly Bean challenge. Hugs, Mette

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous bright colors and your stitching is just fabulous! Thanks for joining us again at Dilly Beans. xxD

Suzanne said...

great layering thank you for joining us at cmc this week

Ruby said...

I love that you've done stitching on your card, it looks great! I still need to use my machine more!! Such a fun image and lovely bright card too! Thank you so much for joining in the fun with us over at CMC!

Jo said...

wow look at all your stitching! great card :)
Thank you for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday, good luck!
Jo xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...