Marilyn's Turned "Punky"!!

June 1st 2011


I've just found a wonderful blog "52 Starlets Art Challenge" where each week a "starlet" is "announced" by AJ and you can enter using any form of design/artwork. It's actually week 3 and the starlet for this week is Marilyn Monroe so I thought it would be fun to join in this week (LOL even if I'm 2 weeks late)!

Here's my artwork for this week:


I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do for this but decided to start by checking out some of Marilyn's Quotes! And when I saw this one "Give a Girl the right Shoes and she can Conquer the World" I knew I had a gorgeous Steampunk sheet from June at Dezinaworld with punky shoes!! So how could I resist turning her into a Steampunk Starlet complete with top hat!

I hope you like her and I'm looking forward to next week's "starlet"!! I might have to try and "catch up" and made something with the "starlets" from Weeks 1 & 2!

5 comments:

AJ Blanton said...

This is FABULOUS FUN!! Love how you got inspired by a Marilyn quote. FANTASTIC JOB! I am glad that you found The 52 Starlet Art Challenge and hope to see you join us often. THANKS
AJ

Terry said...

I will have to check this out! What a fun creation and I love that sentiment! Of course for me the right shoes are sneakers!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous and fun Sharon. I absolutely adore what you did with this Marilyn ... thanks for entering the monthly gallery challenge too
hugs June x

Ozstuff said...

Quirky and whimsical and a great tribute to Marilyn. She had a great talent for comedy and she would enjoy these pieces. Great designs.

Yvonne said...

WOWSERS, this is fabulous, Sharon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...