More "Mystery of Imagination" Inspiration!

June 9th 2011


Wow can you believe how amazing this NEW Solitaire "Metal Steampunk" Design is from CS Designs??????


I was blown away when I saw it and immediately went to visit the hardware store to get some "bits & pieces" to make this card!


This is a MULTI layered card using three colours of metallic card: gold, silver & bronze plus the very top layer of Solitaire's eyes was white card coloured with earthy Copics. Another fantastic NEW Mystery Sentiment is also layered under the image. As you can see I have used some real metal screws to add a real Steampunk feel. (LOL if my husband was using these screws he would have had them all lined up so the were all "screwed" with the grooves sqaure on the page and it was perfectly neat!!!!)


I am really hapy with the effect of this card - LOL it took a while to make and was a bit fiddly with all the cutting out and punching holes and layering and adding the screws but I think it was worth it! You can find the whole range of "Solitaire" Designs and Sentiments HERE. Why not grab some designs and join our challenge this week - I know I would love to see what you can come up with - click HERE for all the challenge details!

Here are a few of the new sentiment designs:



The Sisterhood of Crafters have a Celebrating Dad/Man in Your Life Challenge so as this is a very "masculine" card I have entered it their current challenge. And The Paper Variety have a male themed challenge too. The Craft Room have an "anything goes" Challenge!

21 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my goodness Sharon, this card is fabulous! So original, I love how this looks! Very modern! And I admire how you added in the screws like that. Just love it!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Michele Oliver said...

Amazing work. I love how it looks and the feel of it. Again AMAZING!

Vicki Romaine said...

I love the CS Designs! I popped over there to see them. Your creation is great & I will come back to check them all out again tomorrow.

Max said...

I love the crispness and the dimension to this card plus the wording is great.

Janna Werner said...

WOW Sharon! This is freakin awsome!!!!

Jingle said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous! WOW!!!

judyjstamper said...

What an awesome idea!! ~~ great masculine card.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Wow - your work is really amazing, Sharon. I'm constantly blown away! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

This is great! SO unique... and you made me LOL about your hubby having the screws aligned. Fabulous card, Sharon.

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW, this is just super brilliant!
xx

Ellis said...

Love your card and the image is fabulous, I have some brads that would go great with that image! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Kim B said...

This is fantastic! Love all the elements to this. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Mervi said...

Wow, so original,
great use of hardware, so masculine!
Gorgeous project!

Thank you for sharing this with us at
Craft-Room Challenge, good luck,
hope to see you again soon,-))m

Nikki Byrne said...

Oh my word this is just out of this world. I love the whole thing and especially the screws! Thank you for joining our first challenge at Craft room challenge. Nikki DT

Gerri Herbst said...

dear Sharon...
OMG this is an amazing piece of work. Love how you used the real metal screw. Brillant. take care, gerri :)

Gerri Herbst said...

Fantastic piece...Just love the screws, the dimension is amazing. take care, gerri

hazel said...

Wow! This is fabulous Sharon, I love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Zoechaos said...

Just fabulous great interruption, thank you for joining us at our brand new Craft-Room Challenge. XOXO Zoe

Anonymous said...

Now this is fabulous.
It is almost like a piece of modern art/installation.
Wishes
Lynne

Suzy said...

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing at TPV this week ;)

Maria said...

This is stunning. I love all those screws, and the eyes! Good luck, and thanks for joining us at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...