CS Designs "Floral Sun Montage" Card & Preliminary Easter Fun News!

March 30th 2011
Firstly just a "heads up" on some Easter Fun coming in April at CS Designs! Make sure you check back here to my Blog and the Doodle Pieces Blog to get all the details! It's going to be great fun so make sure you don't miss out! Sign up as a follower of the Doodle Pieces Blog and of my Blog and you won't miss out on all the details when they are released!

Here is my new card using the Floral Sun Montage from CS Designs. The last time I used this image I made it into a slide mailer - click here to view it. This is a great image to use for a whole range of crafty creations!

I have made the background by repeating the image and leaving a square in the middle to then mount my coloured image. I like the effect of the black and white around the coloured image. And the whole thing has been attached to a nice bright purple card.


I took the picture below to show the 'layers' I have used and attached with mounting tape to give it a 3D effect. The images were printed on linen look card which gives a great effect when coloured with Copics. The colours have a different sort of blended look on this type of card.


I have entered this card in the new challenge at the Creative Cowgirl Blog whose theme is Spring or Easter. The new challenge at the Top Tip Tuesday Blog is "Natue Inspired" so I have entered here as well! Paper Playtime has an Anything Goes theme this week. The Make it Colourful Blog has a "background colouring" themed challenge and I have entered my Floral Sun Montage Card here as well.

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow...Sharon this card is just stunning. It is so unusual and very unique...love it :)Thanks for joining us this week at The Creative Cowgirls for our Easter/Spring challenge.

Linda said...

Oh Wow this is amazing! I love the colors and the images.

Sharon said...

Oh WOW!!!! This is fantastic!!! I love how you did the background in black and white and then the colored image in the center!! Wonderful card!
Thank you for playing with us at Paper Platyime!!
:)

Gerri Herbst said...

My oh my Sharon, this is your best. Love the repetition and then the big dimensional pop of color.Great piece.gerri

2amscrapper said...

Amazing card! Love the repetitive background. And the sideview really helps me appreciate all the detail work.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful piece, so cre8tive to do the bg in b&w and your color is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! And your background is sooooo neatly stamped and perfectly lined up! xx

Michele said...

this is quite gorgeous, and has such pizzazz. i love it!

PCM said...

Interesting technique. I am not sure that I have ever seen anything quite like this. I like the bright colors. Thanks for participating in my challenge at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...