Michelle Perkett New Blue & Brown Challenge

March 22nd 2011
This week's challenge as you can see is to use the colours 'Blue' & 'Brown'. I have used one of Michelle's new images "Grace" and I think she is just beautiful and the blue and brown colours really suit her! I've used blue and brown card and have printed the Grace image on a linen look card which gives a great effect when coloured with copics. I've added a blue ribbon rose embellishment to her dress!


I've made a 'Triangle Fold' card using Grace - here is a picture of the front of the card when it is folded and tied closed with the brown & blue ribbon:


When the ribbon is untied the card opens out to reveal a sentiment inside. The sentiment I have used is "Thinking of You" from CS Designs. I really like the different fold of this card and will definitely use it again.



Make sure you visit the Michelle Perkett Studio Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the team have created for this challenge!

I have entered my "Grace" card in the new Crafty Pad Challenge which simply requires using a digi! And also the Delicious Doodles Challenge which requires a 3 dimensional project. The Makeit Monday new challenge is Anything Goes so I have entered my triangle fold card here as well.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you colored Grace so beautifully! I love the card style, ribbon closure, the blue rose on Grace's dress!

Rose-Anne said...

A great card Sharon. I love Brown and blue, I actually wore brown and blue to school today.

Mary J said...

Fab! I love chocolate and brown - such a great take on the challenge Sharon!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! :)

Michelle said...

Oh, Sharon, this is such a lovely triangle fold card with Grace! I agree, these colors do suit her and you have colored her so beautifully! I love her blue flower on her dress, too! Thank you for your amazing inspiration for our challenge this week!

Hugs,

Michelle

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

I love this triangle fold card. never gave this a try. don't even know how.... I love your coloring too! Amazing card you've made!
Hugs
Marion

Jenn Borjeson said...

Sharon, this is really beautiful!!! Your coloring is gorgeous and the inside of the card is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Sharon this is so pretty, I really like the fold too. Your coloring is gorgeous.

aqualeiga said...

Such a gorgeous card, and such an inspirational card-shape! I saw this over on Michelle's blog earlier and admired it! Thanks for sharing it with us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week. Hugs, Ali x

Michelle said...

Hi Sharon

Nice part of the world you live in! I used to live there myself back in the early 90's.

Love, love, love your card!! Fabulous colour combo and you have coloured this gorgeous image perfectly.

Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Teri said...

Lovely card hun! Might have to try that type of folding techinque.
Thank you for playing the 3D challenge at Delicious Doodles this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri xx

Barbara said...

Sharon, this is a stunning card. Love Grace and how you so beautifully colored it. The triangle fold card is so unique. You have inspired me to try this one.Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad for our "Use a Digi" challenge. Hope to see you again on Sunday for our next challenge :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...