NEW Desert Island Crafters Challenge

March 15th 2011
I was the lucky winner of the second challenge at the Desert Island Crafters Challenge Site with one of my gorgeous CS Designs "Chloe" cards - you can find it here. As the winner I was required to choose the 10 item "Itinerary" for their fourth challenge and be a Guest Designer! Entries to this challenge need to use at least 3 items from the listed itinerary.

The list of items I chose for Challenge 4 are:
Not a Card
Black & White
Celestial
Buttons
Unusual Sentiment
Charms
Wire
Fancy Fold
Fibres
No Image
And here is what I made for the challenge which used about 8 of the listed items! As you can see it's another "Button Doll" using black and white buttons and the most beautiful and serene face from the "Celestial Montage" digi stamp from CS Designs. I just love this doll she looks so peaceful and LOL a bit 'fishy' with her mermaid tail! The little charms at the end of her tail are 'moon' charms to fit the 'celestial' theme.


Here is a close up of the face and arms showing the cute little sentiment which is also from Chris at CS Designs - I just love this little saying and have used it on several items I have made!



I just love making these button dolls - they are a great way to recycle buttons and other charms and embellishments - they make great little goddesses!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved challenge win! Your Chloe card is fabulous! I love the button doll you made too - such a pretty face and a wonderful mermaid tail!

Jingle said...

This is so cool! I love it!

Anonymous said...

What a cool project! Awesome!

Unknown said...

Congrats again on winning the challenge! Gorgeous project :)

Thank you so much Sharon for helping us to raise the money to the Japanese Relief effort. I truly appreciate it. So glad to know your mom was not in the disaster area, a friend of mine lives in Japan too, fortunately she is fine too :)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant button doll. I haven't made one of these in ages. xx

Lynn Stevens said...

What a wonderful button doll!

Anonymous said...

Love this Sharon, what a fun project
Hugs June xxxx

2amscrapper said...

I love this!

Michele said...

i love your button doll. she is so adorable! xo

Alison said...

This was a great itinerary! Thank you so much for creating it! Your project is fabulous too!

PetraB said...

Congratulations for winning the challenge! Your button doll is awesome, her face so adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...