Jewel Colour Slide Mailer

March 18th 2011
I have made this little slide mailer for a couple of challenges. One is the Jewel Colour plus Gold Challenge at Gingersnap Creations. The other is for the Altered Art March Challenge at the Bella Creations community site which required the use of paint, metal and a 3D element. I really enjoy decorating & making these little slide mailers.

I have used a gorgeous metallic topaz paint to cover the slide mailer and sponged the whole thing with Gold Lumiere paint. I have used images from one of the slide mailer sheets from Lisa's Altered Art to mount behind the slides and have finished them by edging them with foil. I have also added lace, pearls and a couple of gold charms.

Here is the front cover:


This is a close up of the little slides I have mounted inside:


And a picture just to show the slide mailer open to get the 3D effect:


Hope you like it! I would love you to leave me a comment!

10 comments:

PetraB said...

This is awesome. I LOVE the colours and the images are very oh la la (lol)

Gerri Herbst said...

This mailer is gorgeous.I too love vintage and the ones you selected for the interior are beautiful. So glad I stopped by. Thanks, sweetie.

Nancy said...

This is Gorgeous!! I Love it!!
Nancy :D

sandi collins said...

love it. what a fun project

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous work, love greens and blues so its easy to love this. XOXO Zoe

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this, and what naughty looking ladies, lol. Great slide mailer. xx

2amscrapper said...

This is magnificent! So I'll wear both hats and say thanks for entering the Gingersnap Creations jewel colors challenge (love the sponged gold paint on that jewel toned blue) and for taking the Bella Creations Altered Art March challenge (the slides are an amazingly clever idea). Helene

trisha too said...

VERY nice piece--I really like the rich colors you chose, and what great slides!

Michele said...

this is fabulous! it is really rich with color and is so much fun. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...