Another Xmas Challenge at CS Designs

July 19th 2011
We have another Xmas Challenge this week at CS Designs but with a twist! You must use some recycled Xmas item on your creation. Well this was a bit difficult for me as I make my own Xmas cards and I put the ones I received in the recycle bin BUT I happened to have a left over store bought card that my girls had used for their friends so I cut out the little fairy and used that on my card with the CS Designs new Round Xmas Ornament image!


As you can see I have used "non-traditional" xmas colours which is something I like to do to be different although the middle layer is silver!!! I've printed the xmas ornament directly onto the card and then used my sewing machine to make the "hanging string" and then I have mounted the recylced fairy at the bottom with foam tape for a bit of dimension!


If you visit our Challenge Blog you can get all the details for this new challenge and you will find the Linky tool there as well to link your entries! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this recylced challenge!

This card is also entered at the Simply Create Blog who's theme this week is Christmas Time! And Stamp Something have a Christmas in July theme.

6 comments:

Janna Werner said...

What a fun challenge! Love the idea of recycling things for your projects! And the colours are really sweet, fabulous card, Sharon! Janna

Anonymous said...

Oh thats cute Sharon
hugs June x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful holiday card, Sharon! Terrific idea to re-use the fairy! She looks perfect with the ornament images!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments. I really appreciate it

Toodles
Erika

Gerri Herbst said...

dear Sharon,
Your Christmas card is is simple and sweet.
Love the ornaments !take care, gerri

Linda said...

She is the cutest little thing.
I have been missing so many cool creations. I have been so busy catching up on You Tube email. They all are coming at one time. Yikes!!!
I wish you had one of those sign up things so I wouldn't miss when you post your wonderful cards. They are all so amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...