Green (nature, fertility & life) & Purple (good judgement & spiritual fulfilment)

July 22nd 2011


Dezinaworld has a Green & Purple Challenge this month - now I don't tend to use a lot of green but I do love purple! So I've made these green & purple fabric tags using images from Dezinaworld for June's July colour "challenge".


I've used two of the Ephemera Tags and recoloured one green and one purple of course! The gorgeous lady in the green dress is part of the Collages Rectangle 1 Set and she certainly does look like she "Love's Life"!!! The quote from Bill Watterson I found at the Quote Garden which is one of my main "haunts" for quotes to use on my creations and I've printed that in purple of course!

Both tags have been edged by hand with the old faithful 'blanket stitch' and I have added fibres to the top with some beads threaded on and also sewn on some little butterfly charms and purple flower beads.

The green & purple "meanings" in the Title of this post I found at the following site using a google search: Emily Gems.

13 comments:

Michele said...

oh this is ridiculously gorgeous Sharon! vibrant colors and full of life! love the quotes and the fuzzt ribbon, too. xo

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon, how stunning these tags are. I love the clever way you have colour matched and the gorgeous blanket stitched edges. Beautiful work my friend and thanks for joining in the challenge
have a fab weekend
hugs June x

Willy said...

Your fabric tags are fabulous, Sharon!

Netty said...

Oh wow terrific tags Sharon, love them both. Have a great weekend, Annette x

Anonymous said...

Sharon
These are such marvelous tags. Using the stitching creates such texture to the tags. Quite brilliant.
Wishes
Lynne

Jingle said...

These are so fun! I love them!

Poppet said...

She certainly looks like she 'loves life' Sharon. I can't believe how much patience you must have to hand stitch all the way around 2 tags. They look fabulous. :-) xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your great fabric tags! I love the stitching and the colors are fabulous!

Beverly G said...

Very fun, love your fibers and stitching.

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhhh those are so much FUN!!!!!
hugs Lynn

Michele Oliver said...

The tags are beautiful. Green and purple are difficult to work with, but you did great.

Faye said...

Sharon, your tags are amazing! The purple and green colors are gorgeous. And did you really do real blanket stitch all around the edges?

2amscrapper said...

love the purple and green

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...