Yellow is the Colour of Summer

July 6th 2011


This is my new card for the Summer of Colour this week. I have to say yellow is really not a colour I use at all but it's always a good thing to think and create "outside" your comfort zone so that's what I've done!


I've used a great image from Anitra at Cute Art World and framed it with my Spirelli design (the Manual Print & Cut Spirelli "kit" I use is available from CS Designs). The "flowers" are from a collage sheet by June at Dezinaworld and the die cut butterflies are a Spellbinder die I have which is one of my favourites! I've also cut the circles with my Big Kick. Everything has been layered to make this very yellow card!

10 comments:

helena said...

wonderful firey colours and love the use of thread

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous summer colours and I love the way you've used the Spirelli - it looks so modern and trendy and it's a technique which we don't see enough of. Just "hopping" around blogland, and found your beautiful blog.
Sylvia x

Netty said...

You are definitely into this Spirelli thingy arn't you Sharon.......lol Fab piece for Summer of Colour. xx

Vicki Romaine said...

S T U N N I N G! This is fabulous. You need to work with yellow more often.

Mandy said...

how interesting...i reckon my kids would love a go at that string art...pretty butterfky too...xxx

Kristin said...

Oh, the rich layers! What a bold, cheerful card - I love the image you used as a flower and those butterflies are a great touch. Thank you for sharing this, xo

Marjie Kemper said...

Lots of great layers and textures in there!

Michele said...

pretty! xo

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

Such wonderful, wonderful texture!

Daniele Valois said...

turned out nice. I love the circles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...