Nefertari "Circle" Queen!

July 25th 2011


As you can see I've been having fun tonight with the Solitaire Nefertari design (one of my big favourites) from CS Designs and the wonderfully fun Spirelli Kit also from CS Designs!! You really should check out this
Spirelli Kit - you don't need a special cutter you just print and cut out yourself - easy!!!

I've used the sketch from the latest challenge at Stamp Scrap & Doodle Saturday Challenge Blog which I found on my blogging "friend" Linda's Blog and I couldn't resist making a card and supporting the blog she is a Design Team Member for!

I also liked this sketch because it fits perfectly with Vicki's new challenge over at her blog - The Cheerful Stamp Pad - "Going Around in Circles" - LOL there's plenty of circles on my new card!


I found the great "Egypt" background paper at my local scrapbook store and just knew I would be able to use it with the Nefertari image! The amazing "sentiment" was made especially for me by Chris for this particular image - so any excuse to use this one is a bonus!!! I've used the "circle" Spirelli template and then "punched" the face to mount behind the thread - the image was also printed on the "Egypt" background paper and I added some gold glitter glue to highlight her "jewels"- I wanted to colour co-ordinate everything and make it look "deserty" and "sandy" LOL!


The little "stamped" Ankh Cross I recently received from my relative who is living in Japan - they attended an Egyptian display and there were several stamps to purchase (I also have a Tutankhamen stamp too) BUT the amazing thing with these stamps is that although they look like a rubber stamp mounted on wood when I looked closely they have actually been "carved" from the wooden block no company name or any identification so I don't have any other details than that - AMAZING!!!

13 comments:

Jingle said...

This is very cool! Creative ideas!

Janna Werner said...

I love when you have this egypt style things to show us! Looks fab, Sharon! Hugs Janna

Terry said...

Love how you framed the face! Beautiful touch with highlighting her jewels! So lovely!

Anonymous said...

Sharon this is so striking.
Wishes
Lynne

Beverly G said...

Wow, this is so cool. My sister and I are big Egyptian fans, we even went to the King Tut exhibit in Chicago. Those little trim pieces round out your composition.

Vicki Romaine said...

WOW! This is wonderful Sharon. Is this one of Chris' Spirelli templatss? I love what you did with Nefertari. The Spirelli works well with her.

2amscrapper said...

fascinating work of art!

Gerri Herbst said...

Gorgeous piece today. You never disappoint, always wonderful. Today was a great day for me because I received your wonderful candy. It was amazing, so many interesting and pretty things. You are so generous. I cant wait to make something with them! Ill post a pic with a link this week and Ill let you know when. Again, Thank you so much.You are a doll... take care, gerri

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this great circular piece- very very cool!

Michele said...

Sharon, I love this! this is a really dynamic creation & every bit of it is just perfect. thanks for commenting on my blog and thanks for joining the cheerful stamp pad "circles" challenge! xo

Lynn Stevens said...

how fun! I remember playing with string along time ago!
hugs Lynn

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon, you are so clever and so diverse. i love this one its stunning and must have taken ages to create ?
Have a lovely day my friend and if you want a fab free collage sheet to play with, I have one up today at my Dezinaworld blog.
Hugs June xxxxxx

Linda said...

Oh my goodness. Your are amazing! I love this card. I always love your cards. Everyone!
Thank you for joining us with your wonderful card this week at SSDS.
Hugs,
Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...