Turning Japanese

July 21st 2011
This is my card for this week's "Oriental" theme at the Three Muses Blog. Make sure you pay them a visit and see all the wonderful creations from everyone!


I've used one of the great digi stamps from the "Darlings of the Orient" range from CS Designs. This image is "Asian Square Sakura - Cherry Blossom". I've also used some of my favourite Japanese papers from my "stash" and I stamped a swirly vine image and placed the little folded flowers along it.


The little Dahlia folded flowers I found on a tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers - they look great and I'm really happy with them. I think I'll definitely be using these little flowers again!


I've also entered this at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog as I have had some of this Japanese paper for years LOL!!!! Craft Us Crazy also have an "anything goes with a digi" challenge!


21 comments:

Linda said...

Sharon this is so cool I love the beautiful little flowers you made to go with this beautiful image.

Terry said...

Love the image and those flowers! Such an amazing work of art! Beautiful!

Vicki Romaine said...

Great job on the coloring and the flowers.

Michele said...

beautiful Sharon! xo

Taluula said...

I love the crisp, clean colours of this lovely card, Sharon. A stunning piece.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Sharon. The flowers bring super dimension to your art!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is stunning. You have an amazingly original style,

Lucy x

2amscrapper said...

I love the papers and flowers you put with this striking image.

Jingle said...

Wow! This is wonderful!

Netty said...

Loving this unusual Oriental card, great image and love the flowers Sharon. Annette x

indybev said...

I love the image, Sharon, and the way you've used it with the beautiful papers. The flowers are a perfect touch...delicate and appropriate. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Three Muses!

Beverly G said...

This all went together beautifully, those little flowers are the perfect touch.

Jester said...

A lovely oriental card!

Willy said...

Very beautiful card, Sharon!

Femmy said...

it's just beautiful!!

Terri Daugherty said...

Very pretty and what an awesome job coloring her face!

Gerri Herbst said...

dear Shaon,
such a wonderful card. I love your paper flower details, they are so beautiful and make the piece! take care, gerri

Anonymous said...

Fab card, love your paper and those flowers are gorgeous. xx

Faye said...

Wonderful oriental card, Sharon. Your paper flowers are lovely. I must have missed that tutorial. I'll have to back and catch up, because I'd like to learn to make them too.

Unknown said...

what an amazing card, thanks for joining us at Clear It Out.

Lori said...

Wow - your image is wonderful! So glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...