"Time" is of the Essence!!!

July 13th 2011


This week's challenge at The Octopode Challenge Blog is TIME. Last week if you remember was "Alice" and I used my Steampunk Violet Octopode image because I didn't have an Alice image and Violet would have been perfect for this weeks "Time" theme with her head full of clocks LOL! But I decided to use another Octopode image I hadn't used yet "Angel Girl" - she's pretty cute!


This might sound a bit 'macabre' but I decided to make her look like a very cute and feathery "Angel of Death" advising the recipient that their "time is up" BUT I have included inside the card the wording "you are officially over the hill" to let them know that their time being 'young' is up!!


The look on the Angel's face shows she's a bit worried about delivering this awful news!!


I sponged white & blue paint over the background card to try and give a bit of a "cloud" effect. I found the great packet of feathers at the "cheap shop" and couldn't resist using them behind the angel image. The wording I've printed out on my Dymo label maker. And of course the angel image has been coloured with Copic markers.

12 comments:

Ellis said...

Fabulous card, love the image, such a cool angel! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Jingle said...

LOL! This is so cute and so fun! I love it!

CuddlyBunny said...

Fantastic sentiment and I love the real feathers accenting your Angel Girl! She is done up beautifully as well, wonderful colors!

Netty said...

Brilliant choice of words.....lol

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a fabulous image and the background looks really wonderful.

Evil Edna said...

dinky!EE

2amscrapper said...

really cute idea!

Claudia said...

Wow, fantastic card, love the angel.

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! Is this ever CUTE! Love how you've colored her and the feathers are genius! xxD

Sue said...

LOL I love your cute Angel of Death!!!! Great idea!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

So cute!

Terry said...

How perfect is this for someone hitting a certain age and we won't discuss which age! So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...